- This event has passed.
Citizens Defensive Pistol (Citizens Safety Academy)
October 1, 2022 @ 3:00 am - 1:00 pm
Classroom and range training in the protective use of the pistol.
About this event
This is an intensive full-day course that covers the essential skills needed to successfully defend yourself with a pistol. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, or the plain clothes or off-duty police officer. The goal is to develop the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
- Mental awareness and techniques for gaining an advantage in life-threatening confrontations
- Proper defensive mindset and personal tactics
- Concealing a pistol properly and clothing considerations
- Effective gun handling techniques designed to work under stress
- Rapid presentation from concealed carry during an attack (and safely concealing it)
- High-speed accuracy at close ranges and precision shooting at mid ranges
- Rapidly and reliably fixing pistol malfunctions and reloading techniques
- Shooting effectively with one hand, with either hand
- Tactical anatomy
- Proper skill development practices
Class prerequisites: Completion of a state Handgun Carry Permit class or another comparative pistol shooting class. You should also have some experience safely handling, drawing, and holstering a pistol. If you have questions about the suitability of the course, please email us at info@CitizensSafety.com or text us at 615-801-8007.
Students who complete the course will receive a completion certificate.
What you will need to take the course:
- A quality pistol recommend minimum of 9mm or .38 Special. We recommend full or compact-sized guns for this class. Sub-compact guns are much harder to shoot all day. A second gun like the first one is a good idea in case the first one breaks
- A quality strong side hip or appendix holster – either form-fitted leather or Kydex, the holster must completely cover the trigger guard, allow a full firing grip with the gun in the holster and remain open while the gun is drawn. PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters
- A quality Belt, designed to securely attach the holster to the belt and support the weight of a fully loaded pistol
- At least 300 rounds of quality factory ammunition suitable for practice. Bring more if you have it, and we’ll have more fun.
- 3 magazines or speed loaders with 2 appropriate pouches for the spare magazines
- Clothing appropriate for concealing a firearm (vest, jacket, windbreaker, over-shirt, polo shirt, etc). Holsters must be worn concealed.
- Eye protection and hearing protection (we recommend electronic) and a ball cap or brimmed hat to keep brass from going behind your eye protection.
- Rain gear (we train rain or shine), bug dope, and sunscreen
- A cooler with soft drinks, water, snacks, and lunch will be needed, for lunch on site. We will not be leaving the range for lunch.
You can bring a revolver to this course, but we strongly recommend against it as they tend not to last a full day of intensive shooting.
If you need help putting the above items together please contact us before the class. Info@CitizensSafety.com
Your primary instructor will be Aqil Qadir, assisted by Monique Clarke of Lioness Defense Firearms Training.
Full refunds are available until 30 days prior to the class date. There are NO REFUNDS later than 30 days before the class date.